Vsftpd not building on LFS/BLFS 6.3 stable system.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:23:08 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Zach Milton <battlecommando at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying some of the newer versions of libcap does not help, as it still does
> not compile.

Hmm, that would imply that the vsftpd build is not picking up the
libcap headers for some reason. I wonder why.

> On the other hand, Dan's patch worked like a charm, and vsftpd compiles,
> installs, and starts up correctly.

To be fair, I don't think the code using capset is actually used
unless you have "chown_uploads=YES" or "connect_from_port_20=YES". But
I'm fairly confident that the patch is correct.

--
Dan