Vsftpd not building on LFS/BLFS 6.3 stable system.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:19:08 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Zach Milton <battlecommando at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I issue the 'make' command that the BLFS 6.3 stable book specifies for
> building vsftpd, vsftpd fails to build.
>
> The system is LFS 6.3 stable w/ BLFS 6.3 stable. All optional dependencies
> for the package are installed with the exception of libcap (could not build
> libcap due to errors).
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem with the package?

Both vsftpd and libcap have a problem where they're using the old way
of making syscalls that aren't supported in newer kernel headers. Try
a newer libcap release:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/kernel-2.6/

The code where vsftpd is failing to build is where it's doing the
capset syscall, which libcap would do if it was installed. I'll also
attach a patch for vsftpd I made a long time ago that I'm not entirely
sure is correct, but I think it is.

--
Dan