directfb on BLFS - Version 6.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 22 20:07:23 PDT 2008

David Kuntadi wrote:
> Problem Solved.
> I need to install pkg-config. It is not mentioned as dependency (or at
> least I failed to read this dependency).

Good work.  Sorry, I just wasn't going to answer directly for you,
though I was in the process of writing a response to guide you in that
direction.  :-)

As far as a missing dependency:  Dependencies listed in BLFS are "build
time" dependencies.  Occasionally, you'll see that runtime dependencies
are mentioned in the BLFS instructions.  In this particular case,
pkg-config is neither required for build or needed at runtime for
FreeType so it is not mentioned on the FreeType page.  That said, quite
a few packages do use pkg-config to determine how to find and use
already installed packages.  You should also notice that freetype did
install a .pc file or two in /usr/lib/pkg-config, even though pkg-config
was not yet installed.

-- DJ Lucas