directfb on BLFS - Version 6.3

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:33:23 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Randy McMurchy
<randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> You'll need to provide additional information about the error
> message (what program invokes the error, perhaps additional
> info from config.log, etc., etc.)

I am trying to install
http://www.directfb.org/downloads/Core/DirectFB-1.2.6.tar.gz
When I try

./configure --prefix=/usr/local

It give me this warning (not an error): FreeType2 support is missing -
many applications won't work correctly.

I think that is because FreeType2 is not installed. So, I install
Freetype2 using below direction:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/general/freetype2.html

But even after installing freetype2, I still got the same warning (
FreeType2 support is missing - many applications won't work
correctly). I suspect DirectFB-1.2.6. check FreeType2 on different
location then lfs installing it, but I could not figure out where/how
DirectFB-1.2.6. checking FreeType2 support.

Now I am not on lfs computer, tomorrow I will check if there is more
information I could get.

David