webkit with gnome-2.24

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 17 03:26:50 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 09:41 +0100, Richard Melville wrote:
> I'm not sure about the issue raised by Simon in relation to SQLite as
> i've only built against my system version.

If I remember correctly, the problem is that NSS bundles a copy of
sqlite3, which it a) builds against, and b) installs to /usr/lib,
overwriting the version I'd already installed. And unfortunately, the
bundled one was not binary compatible with the one it replaced, breaking
a bunch of other binaries until I reinstalled sqlite again (breaking
NSS).

Building against a system one (with NSS_USE_SYSTEM_SQLITE=1) seemed to
be the only way to make things work together. Not sure why I didn't need
this before - possibly the sqlite thing is new to the latest NSS
version.

In any case, nothing to do with Firefox builds as such, just something I
encountered while trying to build a xulrunner stack that Firefox,
Epiphany and Yelp would be happy with.

Simon.