webkit with gnome-2.24

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 22:19:48 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 16:39 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:31:59PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>> >   I didn't know
>> > that the firefox code can build xulrunner, and I still don't
>> > understand that - in particular, where do you get the .pc files
>> > which epiphany and yelp will look for ?
>> >
>>  Sorry, a bad 'find' on my part - I was looking for '*.pc' files, in
>> fact they are all in the xulrunner/installer/ directory as '*.pc.in'.
>
> Yup - as far as I can tell, they're installed normally if you build the
> Firefox sources with --enable-application=xulrunner instead of =browser.
> Although the Slackware scripts also use a classic ./configure build,
> instead of the odd one BLFS uses - I don't know if there's a reason for
> that...

I haven't actually tried this, but you can also just grab the xulrunner tarball:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/

FWIW, I'm pretty sure fedora builds xulrunner from these tarballs and
not from the firefox source. But there's probably not a lot of
difference since they're just different branches of the same code.

--
Dan