webkit with gnome-2.24

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 15 23:52:26 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 16:39 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:31:59PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >   I didn't know
> > that the firefox code can build xulrunner, and I still don't
> > understand that - in particular, where do you get the .pc files
> > which epiphany and yelp will look for ?
> >
>  Sorry, a bad 'find' on my part - I was looking for '*.pc' files, in
> fact they are all in the xulrunner/installer/ directory as '*.pc.in'.

Yup - as far as I can tell, they're installed normally if you build the
Firefox sources with --enable-application=xulrunner instead of =browser.
Although the Slackware scripts also use a classic ./configure build,
instead of the odd one BLFS uses - I don't know if there's a reason for
that...

One note on that - using a standalone installation of NSS/NSPR
libraries, I had to patch these a little to make all the pieces fit
together. In particular, the libxul-embedding.pc.in file from Firefox
sources needed "Requires: nspr" added to force it to include the
necessary library paths.

I also had some problems that forced me to build NSS with a
system-installed sqlite instead of the bundled one, though I'm not sure
if that was related to xul-runner or not.

Simon.