Moving system to different virtual drive - SOLVED

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 10 11:24:42 PDT 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:31:19 -0400, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:

> I do have a question though, shouldn't I have been able to do this from
> the LFS LiveCD? It kept coming back with errors of which I can't
> remember right off hand I think no block devices found was being
> reported when I tried the above procedure with the LiveCD.

Scott, I don't think I've ever used the LiveCD but I'd guess it should have compiled pretty much all drivers as modules.  To hazard a cople of guesses, it may have detected your drives as ATA/IDE devices rather than SATA ones, which would put them at /dev/hd* rather than /dev/sd*.  Do you have the 'Enable SATA' option ticked in your Virtal Box machine configuration?  That might be enough to get the LiveCD to put the drives at /dev/sd*, though how Fedora did it I don't know.

Regards,

Matt.