KDE MIME issues

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:00:13 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:36 PM, William Tracy <afishionado at gmail.com> wrote:
>> At this point I would want to confirm that kdelibs did indeed build and
>> install correctly, and to maybe run ldconfig before trying to build
>> kdebase again.
>
> ldconfig doesn't seem to fix anything.
>
> I went through several rebuilds (make uninstall, then make clean, then
> follow the build instructions again) trying to see if I screwed up an
> environment variable or something. No dice.
>
> Anything in particular you would recommend looking at when trying see
> whether kdelib built correctly?

I'm not a KDE person, so this is just a wild guess looking at the
files that are installed by kdelibs. I have a directory full of
protocols and other stuff in /usr/share/service. In particular, I see
/usr/share/services/http.protocol. Maybe you're missing this file or
the applications are looking in the wrong location. strace might help
here. Something like:

strace -f -eopen kdesktop

And then look at all the places it's trying to open and see if they
match your installation.

--
Dan