Installing HAL

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 7 14:27:54 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 03:58:02PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Scott Castaline wrote:
>
> > Also I have 4.8 GB left
> > on my drive, will that be enough or should I now plan on making more room?
>
> I know it would not be near enough for me. But I keep all
> source files, and all logs (I don't keep source trees). I
> usually end up using around 10MB of space for a full BLFS
> build. But I'm a BLFS dev and I try to install most dependencies
> simply so I can document and check them out. I don't necessarily
> use all of them.

 Missed that part.  Until I started editing some of the BLFS
packages, my '/' partitions were about 3 or 4 GB.  I keep /home
separate (so that I can share it between successive installations),
so what matters is how much space you have apart from where you
intend to hold data and notes.  If that is > 3GB, it's definitely
enough to build a lot (but, you might have to strip the files - no
big deal if you don't intend to run a debugger on them).

ĸen