cursor control in console

Jordan Bray jordanbray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:12:37 PDT 2008

> got python installed and tried your routine and within python the curser
> behaves right. Exit out of python back to the bash shell and cursor gets
> all freaky again like a bad acid trip from the 60's. It does somewhat
> straightens out when I sh within the shell, just does the Hz. scroll on
> the same line.

So the fact that python works implies (to me) that this isn't a driver level
problem.  It is obviously possible to have a working cursor on your system.
Still no idea what is broken.  Try an ldd /bin/bash and ldd /bin/sh and see
if there are any libraries which seem like they could be broken (ncurses?).

--
/me