libxml-1.8.17 fails

twibright at hispeed.ch twibright at hispeed.ch
Sun Feb 24 08:54:54 PST 2008

---- Joe <dev at freedomcircle.net> schrieb:
> twibright at hispeed.ch wrote:
> > LFS 6.3, GCC 4.1.2. The ./configure complains about nonexisting example/Makefile.in but it finishes
> > without error. Then if I type make, it fails.
> >

> I do see
>
> creating example/Makefile
> sed: can't read ./example/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
>
> but the make step completes successfully. The example directory has a

I just tried again. My make doesn't complete successfully. It prints:
No rule to make target libxml/tree.h, needed by SAX.lo
I just got an idea it could be caused by my alias make="make -j4" (I have a multiprocessor system and without it, compilation is twice as slow). When I do unalias
make, it works.

Does it mean the libxml makefiles are buggy?

CL<

> zero size Makefile in it (and a Makefile.am) but make doesn't enter the
> example directory.
> > If I copy Makefile.in to example/Makefile.in and then do ./configure and make, it compiles, makes and installs. I don't know if it produces a properly working or faulty libxml though.
> >
> Did you try running 'make check'?

No. I copied the toplevel Makefile.in into example/Makefile.in