Logitech Quickcam Ultra Vision

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 18:42:15 PST 2008

The uvcvideo driver uses the V4L2 API in the Linux kernel.  Ekiga can
use either V4L or V4L2.

http://linux-uvc.berlios.de mentions an audio bug in some Logitech
webcams.  Maybe this is related to your problem.

I have found that xawtv-20070625-114215 works with V4L2.  Camorama
apparently does not.

Ekiga sees the device now, but it has a new complaint:

Your driver doesn't seem to support any of the color formats supported
by Ekiga.
 Please check your kernel driver documentation in order to determine
which Palette is supported.

Looking at the source for Ekiga shows that it has something to do with
YUV420P.