BLFS 6.3

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 14:45:14 PST 2008

Hi Ken,

On Friday 15 February 2008 15:09, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  Apart from bragging rights such as "I run xorg-7.3", what benefits
> do you expect to see from the changed versions compared to what is
> in the current development book ?

I am working now for more than 1 1/2 years with a development version of blfs,
a very stable one, by the way. In the meantime, I have upgraded a lot of
packets, I am working  under kernel 2.6.23.9, and I am very, very satisfied
with the behaviour of my system, which is not a very easy one. As far as I
concern, I would like to wait with a new blfs system on my pc until kde4 is
stable, qt 4 is included, and kdevelop is also running stable in this
environment. I presume, this will take time. Is there a need for a new blfs
6.3 until this happens ? I don't know if this was the sense of your question,
and I am also not "the" expert, but anyway, perhaps this helps making minds.

Regards,
Edgar