Problems with HAL on LFS 6.4?

thierryn1 at hispeed.ch thierryn1 at hispeed.ch
Mon Dec 29 02:10:34 PST 2008

Hello Simon, I have face similar problems. I used the patch used by slackware.

I'm using HAL 0.5.11 with this patch

http://nutyx.meticul.eu/2008/src/app/hal/use_udevadm_not_udevinfo.patch.gz

you can apply it this way.

cd hal-0.5.11
zcat ../use_udevadm_not_udevinfo.patch.gz | patch -p1 --verbose

For info the kernel I used is kernel-2.6.27.10 without any extra patchs, and udev130.

Hope it help you

Regards,

Thierry