qt-3.3.8b after qt-4.4.3??

b-vol lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sat Dec 27 11:45:03 PST 2008

Greetings,

I am having a spot of bother compiling qt-3.3.8b.  I have qt-4.4.3  already
installed in /opt/qt-4.4.3 and plan to install qt in /opt/qt-3.3.8b.  I keep
geting "make fail
error while loading share library
libqt-mt.so.3  no such file or directory.

I have installed qt-3 before without  trouble.  I have also followed   the
installation procedure in the current blfs-dev book.  Does the sequence of
qt3:qt4  matter or is there something I am doing wrong?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

sincerely
lux-integ