How to remove odd file?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 25 21:20:13 PST 2008

Hi guys...

I've accidentally ended up with some sort of dodgy file in my
filesystem, I think as a result of having it mounted simultaneously in
the real machine and in a VM - clearly a bad idea in hindsight. But can
anyone tell me how to get remove it?

:~$ ls -lrt blfs/_patches/
ls: cannot access blfs/_patches/hal-0.5.11-udevinfo.patch: Stale NFS
file handle
total 0
-????????? ? ? ? ?                ? hal-0.5.11-udevinfo.patch

NFS has nothing to do with it, since I don't have NFS enabled on the
system - I guess it's just a kind of problem usually associated with NFS
mounts. Rebooting hasn't helped - I've tried that. I guess there must be
something wrong with the filesystem entry for that file or the directory
it's in...

Simon.