Problem closing X

Mark Priestley M.Priestley at westminster.ac.uk
Sun Dec 21 05:10:41 PST 2008

Hi -

I'm building a new {B}LFS system and am now configuring Xorg.  startx
brings it up nicely, and things more or less work (I have some
configuration still to do) but when I exit from X I get a completely blank
screen.  I think the keyboard is still working, as I can reboot, but
there's no visible output.

The only difference I've spotted from the old system is that leaving X
seems to add the lines

UnloadModule: "kbd"
UnloadModule: "mouse"

to the log file, but I really don't know if that's relevant.

Any suggestions as to what might be happening would be most welcome.

-Mark

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office: