help with libexif-gtk and cdrdao

George Sherwood pilot at beernabeer.com
Wed Dec 17 18:58:48 PST 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:27:23 +0000
b-vol <lux-integ at btconnect.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am in a spot of bother with installing two programs   on an AMD64
> box (gcc-4.3.2 kernel 2.6.27.7 - 64-bit (non-multilib) build.
>
> ############
> Program1:-  libexif-gtk-0.3.5.  This is needed for gtkam.  gtkam (and
> libexif-gtk) are  not in the blfs book but on the cblfs site.  All
> attempts to compile libexif-gtk  have failed.  I tried the   sed on
> the cblfs website as well as debian patches I found  all to no
> avail.  I tried     stuff from the CVS repository  but the
> downloaded stuff has no   configure or  autgen script.    The first
> thing   odd noticable  is when running the configure script  one
> gets  (after makefile generation):-

Not sure about AMD-64, but I am getting libexif-gtk 0.3.5 to build with
two patches, not sure if the same ones or not.

Applied the two attached patches:

patch -p0 < libexif-0.6.13.patch &&

patch -p0 < gtk212-fix.patch &&

autoreconf -f -i

Then normal configure and make.

I was getting the same error as you until I found a different gtk patch.

Working with Source Mage and not BLFS, but hope it helps.

George

--
George Sherwood
Source Mage GNU/Linux Lead Developer