help with libexif-gtk and cdrdao//udf-tools-1.0.0b3

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 17 15:39:19 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 08:43:39PM +0000, b-vol wrote:

> #####first good tidings:
>
> 1) for cdrcdao-1.2.2   the patch
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/cdrdao/cdrdao-1.2.2-gcc43
> worked  well.
 great.  It will get into BLFS-dev "real soon now" (I'm short of
time at the moment, and beating my head against python/sip for
kdebindings-4.1.3).

> 2) for libexif-gtk I will have to do some more digging.   The program appears
> not to be  well maintained.  I am susprised it plays  is such an important
> part   for gtkam.  If you or any other know of an alternative to gtkam please
>  let me know.

 I'm not quite sure how it is used, but I see it is a front-end for
gphoto2 (which doesn't impress me, I'm afraid).  So, my usage is
probably going to be slightly different from the way you want to
work.

 I set up a rule for my camera in udev, an entry in /etc/fstab, then
I just mount it and copy the files over (needs vfat in the kernel).
Then, I use the gimp (and ufraw for raw files) to do manipulation, or
sometimes I just use 'display' from ImageMagick.

 Not necessarily the most convenient way of looking at the pics
(display will open them with pixels mapped 1:1), but then I normally
have to do manipulations anyway, which is why I use the gimp.

 Alternatively, somebody will perhaps have a good word for gwenview
(kde4 - again uses gphoto2), but in all honesty I think we've some way
to go in sorting out how best to build kde4 at the moment.

 Maybe there are other front ends, I can certainly peopel mentioning
that they use gphoto2.

> #####then the not so good tidings:
> Ont  the same AMD-64 (64-bit build gcc-4.3.2)  udf-tools-1.0.0b3  dos not
> compile. I get the following  compiler spew:-
>
> cdrwtool.c: In function 'cdrom_open_check':
> cdrwtool.c:606: error: 'INT_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
> cdrwtool.c:606: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> cdrwtool.c:606: error: for each function it appears in.)

 I've seen that elsewhere, I think (checks notes ...) - also applies
to dvd+rw-tools, add '#include <limits.h>' to that file (the
userspace side of cdrom.h changed in 2.6.23).  Oh, that's another
"appears to no longer be maintained" package.  We seem to have an
awful lot of them in BLFS.

ĸen