help with libexif-gtk and cdrdao//udf-tools-1.0.0b3

b-vol lux-integ at btconnect.com
Wed Dec 17 12:43:39 PST 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 02:22:21 pm Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:27:23PM +0000, b-vol wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am in a spot of bother with installing two programs   on an AMD64 box
> > (gcc-4.3.2 kernel 2.6.27.7 - 64-bit (non-multilib) build.
>
>  (I've never come across libexif-gtk, and have no ideas about what
> is wrong.  A quick search suggests distros are using it, so if
> nobody has any other suggestions you could try looking at the
> distros from http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/distro-patches
>  - I think Dan gave me that link originally,  It can be a bit
> hit-and-miss trying to find a path in some of them, but fedora
> (fc10) is usually a good place to start.  I don't know if that will
> help.)
>
> > ############
> > Program 2:-  cdrdao-1.2.2
> > TempFileManager.cc:84: error: 'strrchr' was not declared in this scope
> > make[2]: *** [TempFileManager.o] Error 1
>
>  Please try
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/cdrdao/cdrdao-1.2.2-gcc43
>_fixes-2.patch
>
> ĸen
> --
> das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce

many thanks for your help:-

#####first good tidings:

1) for cdrcdao-1.2.2   the patch
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/cdrdao/cdrdao-1.2.2-gcc43
worked  well.
2) for libexif-gtk I will have to do some more digging.   The program appears
not to be  well maintained.  I am susprised it plays  is such an important
part   for gtkam.  If you or any other know of an alternative to gtkam please
 let me know.

#####then the not so good tidings:
Ont  the same AMD-64 (64-bit build gcc-4.3.2)  udf-tools-1.0.0b3  dos not
compile. I get the following  compiler spew:-

cdrwtool.c: In function 'cdrom_open_check':
cdrwtool.c:606: error: 'INT_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
cdrwtool.c:606: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cdrwtool.c:606: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [cdrwtool.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/build-08/vpn-08/sources-vpnc08/cdr-vpnc-08/udftools-1.0.0b3/cdrwtool'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

helpful suggestions will be welcomed

sincerely
lux-integ