help with libexif-gtk and cdrdao

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 17 06:22:21 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:27:23PM +0000, b-vol wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am in a spot of bother with installing two programs   on an AMD64 box
> (gcc-4.3.2 kernel 2.6.27.7 - 64-bit (non-multilib) build.

 (I've never come across libexif-gtk, and have no ideas about what
is wrong.  A quick search suggests distros are using it, so if
nobody has any other suggestions you could try looking at the
distros from http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/distro-patches
 - I think Dan gave me that link originally,  It can be a bit
hit-and-miss trying to find a path in some of them, but fedora
(fc10) is usually a good place to start.  I don't know if that will
help.)

> Program 2:-  cdrdao-1.2.2
> TempFileManager.cc:84: error: 'strrchr' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [TempFileManager.o] Error 1

 Please try
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/cdrdao/cdrdao-1.2.2-gcc43_fixes-2.patch

ĸen