Cmake problems with kdeutils

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger at gardener.com
Mon Dec 15 11:34:11 PST 2008

I was going to install this to get Marble, but decided to install Marble as a standalone package from
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Education/Marble-25087.shtml.

>   I assume PyKDE4 came from kdebindings, and also that you built sip
> [http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/sip/download] to get the python
> bindings to compile ?

I couldn't get kdebindings to compile, it gave me an error message about too many
Python signatures, something even Google had never heard of.  I too have no interest in Python,
only installed it for dependencies for something or other.

I got PyKDE4 from svn, which also gave me problems with compiling(it just stopped).  I eventually
did something unheard of in LFS circles - I downloaded a rpm package and installed it. Urrh. The first from over 275 packages installed from
source.  And your're right I built SIP from the above address - without problems.

regards

Cliff

P.S I've given up on PyKDE4 and uninstalled it.  Will now push on to complete a brand new system

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com