Bc and info?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 15 06:34:46 PST 2008

> Yes, I have been using the treeutils method which someone suggested.
> So I see what happened. How best to prevent such mishaps in future?
> Are there other shared files besides this one of which I need to be wary?

/usr/lib/perl5/${PERL_VERSION}/${ARCH}-linux/perllocal.pod
/var/lib/scrollkeeper/*
/etc/gnome-${GNOME_VERSION}/gconf/*

There are lots more...that is just what I could recall quickly off the
top of my head.  Best way is in your destination, check against the root
filesystem and see if it is there.

cd DESTDIR
for file in `find . -type f | sed 's at ./@@'`
do
     ls /$file
done

Again, untested and off the top of my head, but it should get you a list
of file about to be replaced.

-- DJ Lucas