where is pmount?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 20:52:53 PST 2008

Ralph Porter wrote:
> Ken,
>
> No disrespect sir, but I know how to use google...
>
> If you review the past history of this mail list, you will find
> several cases where the helpless noobie is thrashed by the LFS gods
> for venturing off the established path...
>
> My questions was related to where is pmount in the 6.3 install docs.
>
> I wanted to verify that they are not there and find the correct path.

Ralph,
   Don't be quite so sensitive.  I don't think you were "thrashed."  Ken just
made an incorrect assumption from the nature of your request.

To verify that a package is not in LFS or BLFS, you can use the Indexes at the
end of both books.  If what you are looking for is not there, then it's pretty
unlikely that it is in the books.  We go to a fair amount of effort to make sure
they are complete.

   -- Bruce