where is pmount?

Ralph Porter rportermail at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 07:17:25 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Craig Colton <meerkats at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 December 2008 11:19:39 pm Ralph Porter wrote:
>> Ken,
>>
>> No disrespect sir, but I know how to use google...
>>
>> If you review the past history of this mail list, you will find
>> several cases where the helpless noobie is thrashed by the LFS gods
>> for venturing off the established path...
>

> Ralph,
>
> Please don't ask for help and make unfair accusations towards the helper in
> the same sentence. Don't know about anyone else, but that rubs me the wrong
> way.
>
> Without your "clarification", I would have given the same sort of advice as
> Ken - so maybe a self-review of your communication skills is in order.

Craig,

I see nothing accusatory in my post.  A preparatory clarification that
I ment no disrespect, followed by a statement of fact.

I'm not sure how much clearer I could have been.  I said "the book
says follow this link to install pmount package" and there is no
package there.

The written word often misses its intent.

The "LFS gods" and "venturing off the established path" was an attempt at humor.