GDM install error

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 2 13:47:26 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 08:01:38PM -0000, v4mpire at chaoticnetworks.com wrote:
> none what so ever
> >>
> >> right i have just ran through and installed scrollkeeper as required and
> >> still getting the same error im using 2.18.4 now so i need more guidance
> >> as to what to do next
> >
> >  Any error messages before the one you showed us earlier ?

 Did you log the build ?  e.g.
make 2>&1 | tee buildlog &&
make install 2>&1 | tee instlog

 If you did, search through the log (from the *build*) to find
reference(s) to that file - 'less' should be adequate for this ('/'
to search forward) - or search in your editor of choice.

 At the moment, we know that the file is normally created during the
build.  Scrollkeeper appears not to need to have 'ldconfig' run
manually because it runs 'ldconfig -n /usr/lib' during its install.
So, I can't sensibly suggest anything without an indication of what
happened to the file.

ĸen