Keyboard stops working

Tijnema ! tijnema at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:16:37 PST 2007

On 2/27/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/27/07, Tijnema ! <tijnema at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well i just managed to get KDE working fine and some other software.
> >
> > And now my keyboard stops working, it works in the bios and in grub, but
> > when my own boot program starts up samba and KDE. it stops working....
> >
> > This is what my own boot program loads:
>
> Are you not using the bootscripts?

Nope, just my own program, but it was working fine before.

> /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kdm &
> >
> > /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kdesktop &
> >
> > /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kicker &
> >
> > /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kwin &
> >
> > startx &
>
> Once you start kdm, you shouldn't need any of the extra stuff. It
> should start X and and then the proper KDE session. I think you might
> be having problems because you're starting multiple copies of the
> desktop session executables: kwin, kdesktop, etc.

I think you readed my other message on this list too, i noted that i wasn't
be able to start KDE normal, and this solved it for me.
And it was working fine, just installed OpenSSH and vsfptd. That's all.

Tijnema

Just run kdm from a bootscript. It should start a login manager. When