Keyboard stops working

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:12:27 PST 2007

On 2/27/07, Tijnema ! <tijnema at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well i just managed to get KDE working fine and some other software.
>
> And now my keyboard stops working, it works in the bios and in grub, but
> when my own boot program starts up samba and KDE. it stops working....
>
> This is what my own boot program loads:

Are you not using the bootscripts?

> /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kdm &
>
> /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kdesktop &
>
> /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kicker &
>
> /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kwin &
>
> startx &

Once you start kdm, you shouldn't need any of the extra stuff. It
should start X and and then the proper KDE session. I think you might
be having problems because you're starting multiple copies of the
desktop session executables: kwin, kdesktop, etc.

Just run kdm from a bootscript. It should start a login manager. When
you login, it should start a default KDE session for you. Look at the
gdm bootscript setup in blfs-bootscripts. kdm should work basically
the same.

--
Dan