KDE-3.5.5 startup problems

Tijnema ! tijnema at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 11:40:33 PST 2007

On 2/26/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> This won't work correctly since you're overriding the whole rc system.
> What you want to do is make it so that kdm starts in runlevel 5 by
> creating an S symlink in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d. You will also want an
> associated bootscript in /etc/rc.d/init.d.
>
> Take a look at how gdm is setup in blfs-bootscripts. You can probably
> copy the setup exactly and just changed gdm to kdm. Unpack the
> blfs-bootscripts and run these commands:
>
> $ make DESTDIR=/a/temp/dir install-gdm
> $ cd /a/temp/dir
>
> And look at how gdm is setup.
>
> --
> Dan
> --

Thanks for replying, but when my computer boots, it doesn't get into
runlevel 5.
It stays in runlevel 3.
When i boot my PC with default runlevel set to 4(where kde gets booted), it
does start KDE fine now.
but i want that it boots up in runlevel 3 and then switches to 4.
How to get that fixed?

Thanks in advance.
Tijnema