finding files in dos format + .sql files without an empty last line

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Feb 23 20:30:08 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 22:27 +0100, Barius Drubeck wrote:
> On any Unix-like system, you have to make special effort to create
> such a file, e.g.
> echo -n "last line" >> my_file

I don't know about 'special effort'. Yes, the standard command-line
tools and editors will generally ensure that the last line of a file
ends in an LF.

But that's just the standard tools - as an example, the Eclipse IDE
doesn't do this, omitting the LF on the final line. I found that out
just yesterday, after another tool started choking on it's input files -
essentially the same sort of issue as Warren is dealing with.

Simon.