finding files in dos format + .sql files without an empty last line

Barius Drubeck barius.drubeck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 13:27:22 PST 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007 17:14, Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> We are not looking for files with an empty line at the end and,
> we are looking for files without a linefeed at the last line.Right?
> (How the hell there is no linefeed,I am puzzled for this).

FYI:

On any Unix-like system, you have to make special effort to create
such a file, e.g.
echo -n "last line" >> my_file

And most Unix-oriented programs will complain about an incomplete last
line when they process such a file.

However on windoze, this is very common.  In fact if the last line of
a text file is properly terminated, it will usually show up in
windoze-oriented editors as an empty last line!

--
Barius