DVD Playback problems

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:09:31 PST 2007

On 2/22/07, Nik Davis <nerostar450 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting my DVD playback to work correctly.  I have the
> symlink /dev/dvd set up, and I can open a DVD (using VLC, MPlayer, etc) but
> the DVD will be out of sequence or play correctly but without sound etc.
> Any ideas?

I don't know what etc. means, but do you get normal sound playback?
Can you do speaker-test and get output? If the DVD is playing, then it
sounds like you've gotten past any issues with /dev/dvd and the like.
I don't use VLC or MPlayer much, but you can see if there's a
--verbose switch or the something. Maybe it'll give you more
information about what's going on.

--
Dan