SAMBA startup script.

Warren Head warrenhead at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:09:05 PST 2007

2007/2/21, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>:

> On 2/21/07, Joris Piepers <joris.piepers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it is the right place to ask these questions;
> > but when I start Samba I get:
> >
> > Stopping smbd...                                                    [
> OK  ]
> > Stopping
> nmbd...                                                    [FAILED]
> > Starting nmbd...                          Already running     [ ATTN ]
> > Starting smbd...                                                     [
> OK  ]

Sorry if my post isn't helpfull. But..

You are not the only one. I had this problem as well. Unfortunately I no
longer have the system and I never found out why it did that. When I ran the
script a second time though, the process would always halt fine. Also, if I
ran the shutdown script manually it would work ok as well. So, for me,
halting nmbd would only fail if I called the shutdown scripts by pressing
the power button.
(sorry for the vagueness, I don't have the system anymore so I'm recalling
from memory)

Cheers, Warren