Apache?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 15 23:33:35 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 22:36 -0500, Galaxy Travel wrote:
> Im a newbie and im trying to figure out hos to do this:
>
> I want each user to have a directory like /home/public_html and
> /home/cgi-bin
>
> Now in doc root in httpd.conf what do I put that as? I know I have to
> use the userdir_mod but Im confused on the httpd.conf. I hope someone
> can shed some light here. Thanks

I use that attached patch, which ought to be similar to what you want -
it enables user directories ($HOME/public_html) and creates a cgi-bin
directory within that directory ($HOME/public_html/cgi-bin).

Pretty much just a case of uncommenting the existing userdir support,
and adding a new block for the CGI stuff...

Simon.