xpdf, new gcc?

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 22:09:50 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, at 10:01 Ken Moffat wrote:

>  I've added epdfview to my list of things to investigate.

Are you planing to build one of the 2 D.E monsters?

In that case maybe it's better to use one of the native kde/gnome
pdf frontends to poppler.
I heard some good things about evince and I know that a lot of patches from
the kpdf maintainer found their way into poppler.

You see,there is nothing but basic functionality in epdfview (viewing
and printing).Comparing with xpdf is slow and you can't even copy from
the pdf document.

However poppler development is open,active and promising and I really wanted to get
rid of Motif.

Not,that I am working with pdf documents that much,besides the ones I am
getting from my bank,so epdfview is -almost- good enough for my needs at least
for now.Let's hope the epdfview development continues because I hate to
build the half universe of software just to have a decent pdf viewer in 2007.