xpdf, new gcc?

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Thu Feb 15 12:42:44 PST 2007

* Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> [2007-02-15 18:17]:
> On 2/15/07, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > >
> >  Modern, moi ?  I'll have you know I still use the default X
> > background pattern that Keith Packard hates so much.
>
> I hate that ugly hatch pattern :) Fedora used to have a patch for the
> server called "die-ugly-pattern-die-die.patch" and changed the default
> background to black.

Depending on your monitor, it may not be a good idea... some monitors
(LCDs in my experience) use that pattern to sync to the video card
frequency (which is never 100% accurate). A black pattern may not
provide enough frequency data for the monitor to sync properly.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/