xpdf, new gcc?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 15 14:07:38 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 11:22:16AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 2/15/07, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> >
> > Any suggestions, please, or should I just drop xpdf (I was thinking
> > about doing that anyway) ?
>
> Do it! Poppler + evince/kpdf/okular should be a much more pleasant
> experience, IMO. I'm always shocked when I see Motif on a modern
> desktop.

 Modern, moi ?  I'll have you know I still use the default X
background pattern that Keith Packard hates so much.  But yes,
lesstif is a bit of a shock to the eyes.  I've added okular to the
list of things to try, evince was already there (can't make up my
mind between kpdf and kghostview at the moment).  Thanks.

ĸen