xpdf, new gcc?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 15 14:01:27 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:26:52PM +0200, Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, at 06:56 Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > Any suggestions, please, or should I just drop xpdf (I was thinking
> > about doing that anyway) ?
> >
> > ĸen
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> It's probably a freetype issue,if I remember correctly the error (I dropped xpdf
> for poppler and epdfview since November).
>
> I have submitted a patch about the issue in mid October (check the
> patches mailing list).
Hi Ag,

 I doubt this is my problem, I'm still on freetype-2.1.10, but might
as well give it a try.  I downloaded your patch from the archive,
but got rejections in SplashFTFont.cc (looks as if there might be an
extra space at the start of the lines) - applied by hand, but I get

SplashFTFont.cc: In member function ‘virtual SplashPath*
SplashFTFont::getGlyphPath(int)’:
SplashFTFont.cc:221: error: invalid conversion from ‘int (*)(const
FT_Vector*, void*)’ to ‘int (*)(FT_Vector*, void*)’

 (the message about line 221 repeats 4 times).

 I've added epdfview to my list of things to investigate.  I suppose
I could look at the newer freetype in the future as well, but I'm
trying not to use newer versions at the moment (I've got other
architectures to update, too much variation confuses me ;)

 Thanks anyway.

ĸen