Calling all testers

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:11:54 PST 2007

On 2/12/07, Thierry Nuttens <thierryn1 at hispeed.ch> wrote:

> The following links
>
> ln -v -sf ../init.d/setclock /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K46setclock &&
> ln -v -sf ../init.d/setclock /etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K46setclock
>
> looks for me not at the right place but in the lfs (chapt 7.5).
>
> May be I'm wrong

I'm not that familiar with the ntp instructions, and initially I
thought the same thing you did. I think the reason why it's not done
initially is because we're assuming the system clock will only be more
accurate than the hwclock only if we're using ntp. Otherwise, the
system clock would just drift away while the machine was on.

That's my guess, but I don't know if that's accurate. I've read before
that the system clock is much more accurate than the hwclock. But I'm
way outside my bounds here and hope someone with more experience will
chime in.

--
Dan