CNET - Network Simulator installation

Kevin Annies anniesk at coventry.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 08:21:13 PST 2007

With all due respect, I have been down many of these obvious paths.
I have the latest instance of Scilab working which runs from a tcl/tk
engine (which requires ldconfig to be run - and have run again as requested)

I beleieve there is something in the package makefile that needs
altering. I have followed the instructions at
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/cnet/install.html
to the best of my ability.

Again, below is the output from the 'make' command.

What is the meaing of the make 2 error given from the compiler?

gcc -ansi -O -Wall -fPIC -Ilibelf -I/usr/X11R6/include -c trace.c
gcc -ansi -O -Wall -fPIC -Ilibelf -I/usr/X11R6/include -c tcltk_notifier.c
gcc -ansi -O -Wall -fPIC -Ilibelf -I/usr/X11R6/include -c win32.c
gcc -rdynamic  -o cnet applicationlayer.o checksums.o cnetmain.o
cnet64bits.o compile.o drawframes.o ethernet.o events.o exit.o
error.o globals.o images.o lexical.o link_menu.o link_windows.o
load.o main_window.o motd.o node_menu.o node_windows.o parser.o
physicallayer.o poisson.o scheduler.o statistics.o std_application.o
 std_physical.o stdio.o timers.o topology.o trace.o tcltk_notifier.o
win32.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -Llibelf -ltcl -ltk -lX11 -lelf -ldl -lm

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltcl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [cnet] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cnet-2.0.10/src'