SDL problems.

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 12 06:10:11 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:07:57PM +0100, michael lang wrote:
> So I finally got around to checking this, I found some interesting things in
> the xorg.log, but they may just be useless.

 I wasn't following this, because I know nothing about SDL, but I
have used xorg on (non-PCI-E) radeons.

> first:
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 03:00:0
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:3:0:1) found
>
> Doesn't look harmful, but perhaps your udev isn't configured correctly? The
> device does get loaded though

 Nothing to do with udev.  Radeon obviously didn't need the
(commented?) busID.  It then moans about the second device - that is
normal for the radeons I've used (7500, 9200se).  They seem to have
an extra hardware device, and it doesn't get configured - doesn't
cause any harm, as far as I know.

> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
> drmOpenDevice: Open failed
> drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:03:00.0
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 7, (OK)
> drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 7
> drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:03:00.0
>
> Same as before, is your udev configured correctly? Or is it just some weird
> PCI-E thing...

 It does seem to open something as 'card0' at the second attempt,
probably working ok (note: I wasn't following the thread, so I don't
know what problem was being discussed).  I don't recall having to
change udev rules for dri, although the Xorg.conf obviously does
need it.  Radeon is a particularly verbose driver.

> (II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
> (II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" removed.
> (II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
> (II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" removed.
> (II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
> (II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" removed.
> (II) RADEON(0): DDC Type: 2, Detected Type: 0
>
> Now this strikes me as weird, but I have no idea what it does. Just want to
> point it out, for who knows what happens if you mess with it

 Something for getting EDID info for the attached monitor.  I've
just checked one of my radeon boxes - I only get one set of
registered/removed, but I wouldn't worry about that.

ĸen