firefox-1.5.0.9 build error

Jim McConville jhmc at xmission.com
Tue Apr 24 07:01:23 PDT 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 08:51, Jim McConville wrote:
> firefox-1.5.0.9 build error
>
> I am following BLFS-6.2  in building firefox-1.5.09.
> 1. The .mozconfig file exists.
> 2. The patches have been applied
> 3. The editing with 'sed' is completed.
> When the  command	'make -f client.mk build' is executed it terminates with
> the following:
> /sources/mozilla/widget/src/gtkxtbin/gtk2xtbin.c:407: warning:
> redeclaration of 'gtk_xtbin_resize' with different visibility (old
> visibility preserved) /sources/mozilla/widget/src/gtkxtbin/gtk2xtbin.h:110:
> warning: previous declaration of 'gtk_xtbin_resize' was here
> make[3]: *** [gtk2xtbin.o] Error 1
snip
> Can you give me any guidance in determining the cause of this
> incomplete "build"?
>
> Thank you,
> Jim McConville

I have resolved the problem by revising the .mozconfig file.  It seems the
appropriate toolkit needs to be xlib.  It was also necessary to disable
freetype2.  The revised .mozconfig file options are:
ac_add_options --prefix=/usr
ac_add_options --with-system-zlib
ac_add_options --with-system-png
ac_add_options --with-system-jpeg
ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=xlib
ac_add_options --disable-freetype2
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --enable-canvas
ac_add_options --enable-svg
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --enable-ldap
ac_add_options --with-system-nss

Some information relative to selecting these options can be obtained from the
following site:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Configuring_Build_Options#Using_a_.mozconfig_Configuration_File

Jim McConville