Little note on psmisc

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Sat Apr 21 13:20:37 PDT 2007

Tijnema ! wrote:
> On 4/21/07, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
>> You're right, this isn't the right list. But I'll answer anyway...
>>
>> I see "oldfuser" in the list of Psmisc programs, in both the stable book
>> - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/psmisc.html
>> - and development -
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/psmisc.html.
>> I can only guess you are probably looking at an older LFS book.
>

> Look a little bit higher on that page. Until you see: Installed programs:
> fuser, killall, pstree, and pstree.x11 (link to pstree)

Ah, I see (and forwarding this message to the correct list.

> In THAT list, there's no oldfuser. :)
>
> And while you're fixing, 2 other notes:
> genl is installed by IPRoute, but not in the list

Hmm, looks like a new program...didn't exist at the time of LFS 6.2.

> libvolume_id is installed by udev, but not in the list

Yup, Udev needs a list of installed libraries.

> Tijnema
>> --

Thanks for the reports. I'm not an LFS dev, but I do work on CLFS, which
has all of these issues as well, so I will fix that book.

Now I just noticed the inconsistent alphabetization in the list of GCC
programs..."c++" is followed by "cc" and "cpp" in the list of installed
programs, but on the program descriptions it's "cc" then "cpp" then "c++"...

I know I've gone through the entire list of installed programs based on
the detailed "Program Descriptions" section before, but I don't think
I've actually tried comparing that list with the one that just lists the
program names...

It also seems the list of libs for ncurses doesn't have the wide-char names.