Little note on psmisc

Tijnema ! tijnema at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:44:00 PDT 2007

On 4/21/07, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
> Tijnema ! wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know, this doesn't belong here, but i'm too lazy to search for the
> > right list. As i have a very simple note.
> > In section 6.49.2. "Contents of Psmisc", it says
> > Installed programs: fuser, killall, pstree, and pstree.x11 (link to pstree)
> > But oldfuser isn't there, while it is installed.
> >
> > It is in Stable & SVN book.
> >
> > Tijnema
>
> You're right, this isn't the right list. But I'll answer anyway...
>
> I see "oldfuser" in the list of Psmisc programs, in both the stable book
> - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/psmisc.html
> - and development -
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/psmisc.html.
> I can only guess you are probably looking at an older LFS book.

Look a little bit higher on that page. Until you see: Installed programs:
fuser, killall, pstree, and pstree.x11 (link to pstree)

In THAT list, there's no oldfuser. :)

And while you're fixing, 2 other notes:
genl is installed by IPRoute, but not in the list
libvolume_id is installed by udev, but not in the list

Tijnema