libgsf build error

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:18:39 PDT 2007

On 4/20/07, anirudh vij <anirudhvij at gmail.com> wrote:
> a tree.h does exist under libxml2/libxml.however,replacing
> the
> #include <libxml/tree.h>
> by
> #include <libxml2/libxml/tree.h>
> only produces a new string of errors:

Just yesterday I was getting similar strange errors from a different
package depending on libxml2. Configure is supposed to be checking the
needed CFLAGS to build against libxml2. This is essentially what it
does:

$ pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0
-I/usr/include/libxml2

What's the output when you run that command?

>  In file included from ../gsf/gsf-libxml.h:27,
>                  from gsf-libxml.c:23:
>  /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/tree.h:16:31: error:
> libxml/xmlversion.h: No such file or directory

Right. It's still looking in the wrong place. It needs to be compiled
with -I/usr/include/libxml2. You didn't show the command being run,
but I suspect that's not there.

--
Dan