Increase LOG Level of startup of Xorg

Michael Chalvatzis glykos at gmx.net
Thu Apr 19 02:17:38 PDT 2007

Hello forum,

I installed Xorg 7.1 described like in BLFS. Now when I start X by executing
"startx" (starting only one xterm client) the GUI freezes and I have to switch
off my whole PC in order resolve this freeze/crash.

I use the "ati" driver that in turn starts the sub driver "radeon". I get the
graphical interface of X, but it looks like as soon as the X-clients starts the
whole Xorg crashes. So I would like to increase the log messages in order to see
after next reboot, what made X to crash!

Thanks for your help

Cheers, Michael