Can the LFS/BLFS scripts start as non-root user

John Gnew john_linux at verizon.net
Wed Apr 18 13:59:46 PDT 2007

I am attempting to setup anope as services for Unreal IRC. If I setup a
script in init.d to start anope services at boot time, anope complains
about running as root and ends. (the anope startup script checks for root)

So my question is, is there a way to use the LFS/BLFS scripts to start
anope as a non-root user?

If I can not use the bootscripts to allow anope to run as a non-root
user, is there another way to start something at boot time as a non-root
user?

John