saveguard lfs system

Lauri Kasanen curaga at operamail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:24:35 PDT 2007

Since it's a CLFS system, you already have a tar.bz2 (probably) which you used to move it to the target comp, so you can restore it using that. But if you deleted it, or just added some stuff, just boot a livecd (so /proc, /sys and /dev aren't mounted) and make a tar (maybe packed). That's because you need mkisofs for an iso, but tar and bzip2 are already included. b is practically the combination of a and c, with an added installer.

c) would be easiest, but it's your call ;)

Lauri