avahi daemons

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:34:30 PDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Arden <yardcat at comcast.net> wrote:
> I installed avahi and now I'm working on getting it running. My
> question, do I need to write separate boot scripts for all three avahi
> daemons?
> avahi-daemon,avahi-autoipd and avahi-dnsconfd.

I run avahi-daemon and avahi-dnsconfd from the same bootscript. I
don't run avahi-autoipd as the same functionality is in NetworkManager
for setting an IP address when DHCP can't be reached. But you could
probably stuff them all together so long as you get the order that
avahi-daemon has to be started first and stopped last.

> Something similar to the hald script?

Since all the daemons use libdaemon, much of the functionality for
starting, stopping and reloading the daemons comes as arguments and we
don't need to rely on the LFS functions. I've attached what I've got
for avahi-daemon and avahi-dnsconfd. It seems to work fine except that
dnsconfd sometimes hangs on stop. I think this is a bug in my wireless
driver, though.

--
Dan